Tuesday, March 2, 2010

consuming consumerism

why can't we create instead?
we would be a lot less bored with ourselves.
shopping. drugs. drinking. sex.

i miss the warm. so i could just bike at midnight. or lay in some grass.

the winter is driving me nuts.
i just think about lying on the sidewalk at Antioch. watching shooting stars to keep myself sane. measuring my breathing.

breathing.
clarity.

we find ourselves in this, (and many other cultures)having to be constantly entertained. i remember when one of my mantras was, "if you are bored.. you just need to slow down." there is so much going on in your senses. pay attention to your body. i feel as if ive lost the connection to my sensual self. im too busy to just be. or rather.. its been replaced with movies.

biking is my connection with myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment